Director: Fr Greg Bourke
PO Box 368
Canberra ACT 2601
T: 0419 142 561
Bishops Commission for Church Ministry
Area(s) of Responsibility
The Office of the Australian Council for Clergy Life and Ministry is to:
- Undertake projects as determined by the Bishops Commission for Church Ministry (BCCM).
- Act as a focal point for ongoing dialogue and the integration of ideas pertaining to the ministry and life of clergy in the Catholic Church of Australia.
- Provide support for, liaise and network with, Diocesan Directors of Clergy Life and Ministry in each diocese in Australia.
Appointment of Director
The Australian Catholic Bishops Conference will appoint the Director on the recommendation of the Bishops Commission for Church Ministry. All such appointments will be made in accordance with the policies and procedures of the ACBC.
- A Projects Officer, appointed by the Chair of the BCCM, will support the work of the Office for Clergy Life and Ministry.
- Administration, accounts and payroll will be provided by the General Secretariat.
Accountability to the Chairman of the Commission
The Office of the Australian Council for Clergy Life and Ministry is accountable to the BCCM in accordance with the Mandate of the Bishops Commission.
The Director will make all decisions about the day-to-day operations of the Office within established policies and procedures. The Director is accountable to the Bishops Commission for Church Ministry.