Pastoral Research Office
"On behalf of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference, we are exploring the pastoral, cultural, social and personal dimensions of the Catholic Church in these changing times."
Director: Dr Bob Dixon
Locked Bag 4115
Fitzroy VIC 3065
Office Contact Details
T: (03) 9953 3457
F: (03) 9419 0533
Bishops Commission for Administration and Information
The Pastoral Research Office is responsible for:
- Coordinating Catholic participation in the National Church Life Surveys (2001, 2006 and 2011).
- Producing and disseminating the National Catholic Census Project (1996, 2001, 2006 and 2011).
- Producing and disseminating the National Count of Attendance (2001, 2006 and 2011).
- Undertaking research into the cultural, social and personal dimensions of the Catholic Church in Australia, eg "Catholics Who Have Ceased Attending Mass" (2007) and the 2009 survey of Catholic Religious Institutes in Australia.
- Undertaking research into pastoral practice, eg "Building Stronger Parishes" project (current).
- Providing assistance to dioceses and Catholic Education Offices in the understanding and use of NCLS and Census data.
- Providing research and pastoral planning consultancy services to dioceses and Catholic organisations.